Update (08-Feb-2008): New version of the Community Cloud plugin is available here.
When I first announced the new design for our blog, I mentioned our new Community Cloud, which displays a “tag cloud” of all the people in our community who have contributed to our blog by commenting. The more someone has commented, the bigger and bolder the link. Sound good? Then get one for your wordpress blog. I’ve released the Community Cloud as a plugin for you to download here.
How do you Install it?
- Download and Extract the Community Cloud plugin
- Upload it via FTP to your wordpress plugins directory (/wp-content/plugins/)
- Activate the Community Cloud in the Plugins section of your blog’s admin.
- In the Options -> Community Cloud section change the default settings to fit your blog.
Ok, it’s Installed. How do I use it?
Once installed, to display the community cloud on your blog you can either
- Create a new Page on your blog and in the Page Content area, enter the following tag where you want the community cloud to appear, <!–community cloud–> and publish.
- Or, there is also sidebar widget. So you can just go to the Widgets tab within the Presentations menu and drag-n-drop the Community Cloud widget into your sidebar.
Click here to download the latest version of the Community Cloud
Have Fun. 🙂