Back in Cape Town after a trip to Lagos, Nigeria for BarCamp Nigeria
A quick round-up of the Nigerian Experince.
- Vodacom international Roaming #FAIL
- MTN 128k sim card saved the day.
- SMS is really cheap, 89 South African cent(15 Naira) to send an international SMS.
- Having 3 phones mobile phones is considered normal by some in Nigeria.
- Lagos is more humid than Durban… hot and sweaty.
- Waiting, waiting and more waiting at Lagos Airport. They do have mobile phone recharge stations with every imaginable mobile phone type charger available all over the place.
- Baggage went missing in between Cape Town and Lagos. Bye bye to a box filled with 50 Barcamp Nigeria Tshirts.
- Victoria Island… HEEELp me! What an experience. Naija Night life is fun.
- Justin Hartman keynote, new service launched by Afrigator called GatorPeeps (micro-blogging almost like twitter, pownce and jaiku)
- Victoria N’dee Uwadoka (Microsoft East Africa) gave the best Microsoft presentation I’ve ever seen. Maybe because Microsoft wasn’t mentioned once during her presentation
- Breakout sessions were about everything from SEO to Internet Radio.
- Panel Sessions – Realizing Nigeria’s Internet Potential and another on Mobile Technology which Your Web AddiCT was fortunate to be part of.
- Winner of the Hash One premium Theme: Oluniyi David Ajao