In the past I migrated my address book from my old Nokia to a Google Android device and now that I have a Nokia N8 to review I was wondering how I could reverse the process by transferring contacts and email from the HTC Desire to the N8.
In order to transfer your android contacts no the N8 you need the following:
- A Google Android phone
- A Google Account
- A Nokia N8
If you’re using an Android phone your contacts should already be synced with your Google Account. Usually Gmail. Now follow the following steps to get only your Gmail on your Nokia N8 without the contacts.
- Click the Menu Button > Applications > Mail
- No mailbox defined. Define now? will pop up. Click Yes.
- Use the mail wizard to setup a personal mail account… Click Start.
- Select Gmail from the of mailbox options.
- Enter your full Gmail address and password.
You have now imported only your email to your N8.
Follow these step to import your email, contacts and even calendar and notes from Gmail to your N8.
- Menu > Applications > Mail
- Define Mailbox prompt > No
- Click – New > Start > Mail for Exchange
- Enter your full gmail address @gmail.com in Mail address and username, your gmail password in password and m.google.com in Domain
- Click Next
- Your Nokia N8 will now connect to the mail for exchange server where you will be asked to enter m.google.com again.
- Now select What so Sync: Calendar, Contacts and To-do notes.
- Your Gmail and Google Android contacts will now be synced to your Nokia N8. within a few minutes