If your company’s target market are South African (even international) and between the ages of 16 and 24 then here is a way to allow your clients, who are MXit users, to contact you directly from their cellular (mobile) phone using their MXit Application. At a fraction of the cost of a call or even more cost effective than sending an SMS You’ll even be able to contact your office when you are… out-of-office.
- Create a jabber account. (A Free instant messaging service, like MSN, AIM, ICQ or Yahoo!IM)
- Run your jabber account using an instant messaging program like GAIM. You are also ablt to run all the afore mentioned Instant messaging programs using GAIM.
- Let your audience know that your are available via MXit. How, is up to you.
- MXit users are able to add your Jabber account as a contact on their phone: Your clients/customers will be able to contact you at the fee of transfering GPRS data on their cellular (mobile) phones at less than 2c per message, yes 2 cents.
- Run GAIM at your office and MXit users will be able to contact you as long as you’re online.
I will be running a test with site2 as its target audience is in the same demographic as most MXit users. 😉
Do you know anyone out there doing this already? Will site2 be the first? If so, you read it here first. What is site2?
Note: At least 2 more weeks before we’ll announe what site2 is.