I’d like to call day 1 the “plug and Go” session. Why because some of the peoples that were there did their shameless plug & poof vanished. Yes we had other responibilities to attend to but still.
Some of the good that came out of BarCamp Cape Town’s plug & go session:
- Sitting at a table surrounded by the Quirk massive & getting to shake the hand of the creator SearchStatus himself. (pics on Flickr)
- Max flipping the globe upside down and getting Cape Town on top and in the middle of everything. Let me know when your schedule allows for a chat at Caffeine.
- IMM2.0’s Stormhoek case study where he used the stats for illumination rather than support.
Some of the not so good that came out of BarCamp Cape Town:
- One of the Quirk massive saying, “I hate SEO!” One question: Why do it if you do not enjoy it? Something I’ve picked up from everyone at Quirk is that they all love what they do.
- All those people that plugged themselves and left. Can any of you reading this remember what they spoke about?