For those of you who haven’t been feeding along during the journey:
- Thanks for your interest in beta testing Gmail for your domain
- Gmail for your domain beta tester invitation
Pretty much a seamless transfer of email accounts from our domain name to the Google hosted email account.
- Created all the mailboxes by uploading user file via csv (comma sperated values)
- Update your DNS to have the mail go to Google
- Customise the login page and add you own logo to the new Google hosted email pages.
Some things that are still missing form Google hosted email administration:
- The ability to update the settings of all Google hosted email acounts or a group of google hosted email accounts to activate POP mail downloading.
- Being able to have all users to automatically chat to each other when logged in or the ability to do mass chat invites would be great too.
So why did we move? Our clients, like most South Africans, access the internet from their phones. It is the most cost effective method of giving your users access to their mailboxes without alot of support to setup pop & smtp blah blah on a large variety of mobile phones. Ever mailbox now has over 2000MB of storage space 🙂 and they can chat (Jabber) to us, each other and their clients straight from their Google hosted mailboxes.
Like the Wall in Caffeine says: We are the mobile future…