- Haasbroek, Hy Kan nie ophou dink nie…
- An Incredible Hulk temporary tattoo.
- 15″ Monitor from Mecer (going since 1999)
- The SuSE Linux 10.0 Login screen, the front door.
Next to the keyboard and belwo the monitor:
- IP Address details for setting up a wireless internet connection.
- A TRANSgress sticker from the Cape Africa platform.
- An empty envelope with a Dublin return address. Where undelivered Adsense
- A business card from the VeloCITI presentation.
This will most likely be the final pics of the only Web AddiCT(s); that still uses a workstation. On a quest to make contact with one of the suppliers of the Lenovo Laptop running SuSE. According to the Lenovo Dealer Locator, the cutomer.Map24.com mashup on the lenovo website the nearerst dealer is 0.8 ml away (How many of us in South Africa measure anything in miles?)
No link to the nearest dealer’s website, a telephone number & an email. I’m a Web AddiCT, before making contact via telephone or email let’s see what you Google CV says about the company I’d wish to procure my Linux Laptop from.
Featured product, click.
Download IBM Thinkpad Notebook List: Uploaded on 23 August 2005 File Type: Excel (272KB)
- Click. Using ADSL running SuSE Linux with Open Office so the excel spreadsheet is not a problem, thank you open Soure.
- When trying to find info regarding the nearest (0.8 miles away) supplier of Lenovo Linux Laptops running SUSE in Cape Town you are required to download a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file? Is this a problem?
- The file is 1 year and 5 months old and since them IBM THinkpads have become knows as Lenovo Thinkpads and at the rate technology changes the entry level laptop has the following specs: ThinkPad T43, PM 750 1.8GHz, 512MB, 60GB (5400rpm), 15″ XGA 1024 x 768, M22 64MB VRAM, CD-RW/DVD, Centrino 11A/B/G, Bluetooth, Security Chip, Modem, Gigabit Eth, Finger Print Reader, WinXP Pro, 3 yr Carry-In Warranty. Is this a problem?
The end of the journey to find as much information about what could be my preferred & is the closest supplier of Lenovo Linux laptops in Cape Town ends in a 17 month old Micorsoft Excel spreadtsheet with the following message next to every product:
contact Name on +27 21 G2B KDDN
Is this a problem?
If a chain is as strong as it’s weakest link, the IBM/Lenovo/Novell Products have linked together to form quite a srong chain supporting their brands. Having linked with local suppliers, including the online information and reputations, of the Lenovo Laptop running SuSE Linux here in Cape Town. Have IBM/Lenovo/Novell/Linux extended the length & strength of this chain by allowing this company to link with them by partnering their businesses/brands with the company? Or, have IBM/Lenovo/Novell added a weaker link to the chain?