Gmail is great. You’ve got over 2700 MB of storage space for your email, you never have to delete a message, you can access it from your cell phone and you can easily search and find an email.
Follow the simple instructions and you wont even have to notify your users of the change, they wont even notice.
If you’d like your outgoing Gmail messages to display another one of your email addresses in the ‘From:’ field (instead of your Gmail address), just follow these easy steps:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click Settings along the top of any page, and then select the Accounts tab.
- Click Add another email address in the Send mail as section.
- Enter your full name in the Name field, and the email address you’d like to send messages from in the Email address field.*Keep in mind that each time someone replies to a message you send using a custom ‘From:’ address, the reply will be delivered to the ‘From:’ address rather than your Gmail address. If you’d like replies to be delivered to another account, you’ll need to enter a ‘reply-to’ address. Just click Specify a different reply-to address to enter this information.
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification to complete the process. Gmail will send a verification message to your other email address to confirm that you’d like to add it to your Gmail account. You’ll need to click the link in that message, or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Gmail account, to complete the process. Once you’ve verified that you’d like to add the address to your account, you can start sending messages using your custom ‘From:’ address.
Source: Gmail Help Center