What’s in a name? Name’s, i feel, should encapsulate the entity it describes sufficiently while remaining easy to remember. And for a company who focuses on assisting with and implementing web/enterprise 2.0 solutions and strategies, how do find the right name to aptly describe this.
Some of the principles of anything 2.0, which the name should encapsulate, is
- open social communication,
- a certain social culture of contribution and sharing,
- focus and passion,
- not only a willingness to learn, but a active need to learn, enough to want to pull information to you rather than have it pushed to you,
- connection with other people who share your needs,
- an acknowledgement that we don’t know everything, even in our area of specialisation, there is always room to learn and grow, the rules are always changing.
- innovation comes from a change of perspective, and either a specific need or just out of curiosity.
How can one put a name to a group of people who want to get to together and pursue this goal of assisting others in practicing these principles through the use of proper use of web 2.0 tools. Looking at company started by, Mike & Dave, Cerebra – making the most of many minds. Does this properly encapsulate the web2.0 vision, or is the name only half the story which should be paired with your actions.
What do you think is the ultimate web/enterprise 2.0 company name?