While logging into MXit on this sunny day in Cape Town, June 16 2007, South Africa celebrates Youth Day. Theres a new channel within tradepost aptly named Youth day and a mention of a URL that leads us to MXit Voice.
The MXit_Team are celebrating Youth Day in 2 ways with the launch of a new MXit voice in conjunction with the HSRC
MXit is giving you a place to make your voice heard. Howeveras Mahatma Gandhi said, “I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary: the evil it does is permanent.” We have therefore partnered with the HSRC, and through MXit, you will now have a place to air your views and inpout into the SA governments youth policy. This means that you will have direct access to shapign this charter and how it will psoitively impact your future.
MXit believes that if we can get enough people talking about change, then as combined voice we could start an evolution.
The other way in which MXit are celebrating Youth Day is allowing MP3 downloads of the band THREE’s new song ‘1 Day in my Shoes’ from their album ‘What they say’ straight from Tradepost! With a few clicks I was able to download this MP3 to my phone.
Are you thinking what I’m thinking? With the ability to download MP3’s from within MXit would this not open the floodgates for the many Mobile content providers who spend much of their advertising budget on television commercials to get you to download their wallpapers, ringtones and various other forms of content made for mobile phones?
4Million MXit users who all already use the internet on their phones while MXit’n without knowing it. The majority of whom do not know what do do with their mobile browsers except download MXit? Will we be seeing the MXit communication tool being used by more businesses soon? Why wait? MXit is already being used by local South African businesses and educational institutions for various purposes:
- We’ve been using MXit for real time cusotmer support on our project iDRIVE.co.za for more than a year.
- The Meraka Insitute followed by offering a Math Tutor available via MXit.
- The Mail & Guardian latest news headlines are available from within MXit with which you are able to stay up-to-date with the latest news
- Ster-Kinekor allows you to check the the dates and times movies are playing at their cinemas throughout South Africa from MXit.
- We’ve also been the first to offer two-way communication platform for MXit users going beyond instant messaging where they are able to email or SMS driving schools on iDRIVE.co.za from within MXit using the iDRIVE.co.za MXit bot
It’s awesome seeing more and more mobile services tha add value without ripping off users with premium rated SMS rates or a sneaky subscribtion service thats hidden in the small print.