I attended a 3-hour seminar the other day run by entrepreneur.co.za‘s Brian Walsh. The talk, titled The Real Entrepreneur, was motivating and insightful, and after feeling a little down lately that, paired with some positive customer feedback earlier that day, was just what I needed.
It focused mainly on your mental attitude but covered a wide range issues related around entrepreneurship, commonalities amongst most entrepreneurs and commonalities between truly successful entrepreneurs.
Anyhow, towards the end of the seminar Brian shared with us his “7 Steps towards becoming a Real Entrepreneur” (versus a pseudo entrepreneur), so I thought I’d share his insight with you all.
- The Real Entrepreneur spends more time doing than thinking
- The Real Entrepreneur is not scared of money or wealth
- The Real Entrepreneur works smarter not harder
- The Real Entrepreneur focuses on what generates results
- The Real Entrepreneur works in teams
- The Real Entrepreneur understands he is in the business of marketing
- The Real Entrepreneur uses leverage
This is of course very brief, Brian actually goes on to explain each point in detail during the seminar.
If you’re interested in attending other such events, I found out about this one from ITEmporium newsletter, so you can check for events happening in your area from there if you like.