The latest version of MXit, MXit version 5.2.0 was released a few days ago. They did it a little bit differently this time: Instead of unleashing to a bunch of MXit beta testers, now MXit are only allowing MXit freestyler (premium users) subscribers to download the newsest version of MXit before anyone else. Good for MXit revenue and great for not screwing around with the mobile networks GRPS/3G. Imagine nearly 5 million MXit users downloading the new version of MXit on the same day.
New features in MXit version 5.2.0 are as follows:
- Play Audio files (mp3, Midi, wav) Remember this post on June 16? Youth Day brings MP3 downloads to MXit. A sign of things to come?
- Encryption (password protect MXit messages sent to your MXit contacts with a password)
- Smooth Scrolling (Give your thumbs a rest while scrolling through your contacts with one push)
- Auto Away Timer
- Softbutton Mode
- Contact Presence Status and Mood
- Gallery (Share, store and save files sent and received using MXit)
- Broadcast (Group messaging)
- Bugs squashed, Improved connectivity & performance
Your Web AddiCT(s); favourite new feature of MXit v5.2.0 most definately has to be Smooth Scrolling, if you use MXit as much as I do for work, work, work and a bit of play scrolling through all your contacts can be a click, click, click, click mission. With MXit v5.2.0’s new scrolling it makes my thumbs life alot easier 🙂
Did you know there are and have been keypad shortcuts for using MXit? My favourite being using your keypad to jump to your active conversations by pressing the number seven(7). If you didn’t know, give it a go.
What are you favourite features of the new version of MXit?