Ok, so there’s been a lot of Springy stuff happening around here lately :), so bear with me for a little longer.
Spring is a time for (aside from romance :)) new beginnings and change, but we can’t welcome great new things into our lives until we make space for it, so now’s time to declutter our lives. Get rid of all the junk that has no further value to offer you in your fantastic new life.
And so, here is my checklist for my 1st September, spring cleaning.
- Environment – Clean, declutter and generally simplify your home and workspace (I’ve already started)
- Mind – This is tricky since a clear mind today can be a muddled mind tomorrow. So, some of the things I’ll be doing rather is:
- Cleaning up my daily information diet. The amount of great information out on the web nowadays can be quite overwhelming, and after a while I tend to collect a lot of subscriptions to RSS feeds. So I’ll be decluttering my information diet to about 50 sources.
- Focus. We’re in an age of innovation, where new ideas run rampant and good ideas spread like wildfire. Not only this, but there’s software and tools that are freely available that allow you to turn ideas into reality super quickly. The trick though, is to get clear on what you want to focus on, what you’re truly passionate about.
- Clothes – After our last VeloCITI’s session, where Corporate and Personal Image Consultant, Jane Shonfeld, gave us some great practical tips on how to dress for success. I think now is the perfect time to get rid of all those junk clothes I never wear and dress for success.
What are some of the things you’ll be doing this 1st of September, Spring 2007?