Even though were packed together like your names on the tag cloud on Your Web AddiCT(s); community page. The TYFYC community 😉
Here goes a quick recap (of some) of the ideas and concepts experieced at TEDGlobal2007 and the most important lesson I learnt in Arusha, Tanzania while at TED Global 2007.
- Revloution: Won’t really be covered by the mainstream media but thanks to the tag ‘tedgloabl2007’ and new media resouces like Amatomu, Afrigator, Muti, Flickr, Technorati you’ll be able to stay abreast.
- Attitude A check-up from the neck regaridng our attitude towards Africa and Cape Town is required by some. Popped in a pic taken at TED Global 2007 or Joachim Mangilima, Ethan Zuckerman (the best live-blogger) and myself wearing a muti t-shirt :).
- Freedom… as in Software Freedom, Freedom of Speech, The freedom to choose mac or pc (do not actually remember what I said here, can anyone remind us?) Then a pic of the Victor Hugo quote, “One can resist the invasion of an army but one cannot resist the invasion of ideas.”
- Innovation is happening right on our doorstep look at MXit, Synthasite, Yeigo, Skyrove… The next pic of Googler’s Larry Page & Larry Brilliant was removed from the slideshow as 27Dinner was the only place anyone would ever see it. Took the pic before meeting Larry Page and when he signed my copy of The Google Story told me he did not like being photographed *respect*
- Questions.. are what I went to TED Global 2007 with and even more Questions arose upon my return to Cape Town, South Africa. Used the Quirk logo Q and let everyone who didn’t yet know that Your Web AddiCT will be joining the Quirk team as SEM Guru and soon you’ll see me posting over at the GottaQuirk blog too.
So what was the biggest lesson Your Web AddiCT learnt travelling to TED Global 2007? R A F I Q, I’m feeling lucky!
Met some very very interesting people and was unaware that others were even there 🙁 . Dark & packed it was. Do agree with Feisty Female though…
Where else would you find a room full of like-minded, highly energized, extremely enthusiastic talented beings? There is simply no other event like it. From every logical aspect Ã¢â‚¬â€œ educational, career wise, networking wise and business wise Ã¢â‚¬â€œ it is simply awesome.