- 1 of 50 Parties promoting Open Source and iCommons coming to Cape Town next Saturday, 15th September.
Attendance at the event is free. However we ask that you offer to contribute something to the Commons – a picture, an article, a Wikipedia edit, or even an application of your skills or connections.
Head over to the Wiki and signup to attend the event. You’ll see me there 🙂
- Finally, Google have added a search feature to Google Reader. Great stuff, haven’t we all been waiting for this.
Other Interesting stuff from Techcrunch:
- Touchgraph shows a visual representation of the interconnectedness of search results from either Google, Facebook or Amazon. Looks interesting. Check it out.
- Will there be some startup competition for Google? Ex-Googler’s are very quietly starting up their own search engine, Cuill. Google have apparently already tried to acquire the startup company. Keeping an eye out on this one.
- MetaCard, from First Meta, launches “The worlds first virtual credit card“. MetaCard is a credit card for Second Life. We’ll see how this develops.
- Yahoo! Acquires Ad Network BlueLithium, for $300 million, much less than Google’s $3.1 Billion for DoubleClick, and Microsift’s $6 Billion for aQuantive.
Fun stuff 🙂
- Simpsonizeme. Upload your photo and convert yourself into a Simpsons character. (Yes, that picture on the right is me 🙂 )
- Also, I love these moments frozen in time.