I haven’t checked my RSS feeds in a few days, so some of you Web AddiCTs out there might already be all over this one, but I found out about an interesting new Blog Syndication Network, called BlogRush, to help drive more relevant traffic to your blog, and it’s FREE!
At first it sounded a little fishy to me, simply because of the MLM-like method of spreading traffic, but what made be trust it enough to try it though was that Pro Blogger has tried it and not trashed it and he’s written 2 posts about it already, so he’s had plenty opportunity to, so if he’s game, I’m game. Besides it’s free, so why not give it a go.
Here’s how it works.
- Register your blog for free with them.
- You get some code from them to display their widget in your blog.
- The widget shows links to 5 recent posts on other blogs that is most relevant to your blog readers.
- For every time their widget gets displayed to your readers, a link to one of your recent posts will be displayed in someone else’s BlogRush widget.
So for example: If you get 100 page views a day, a relevant link to one of your recent blog posts will be displayed 100 times that day on other blogs with the BlogRush widget. Got it.
- Also they have a referral system, where, for any person that signs up to BlogRush after clicking on your widget or referral link, you will get one of your recent blog posts displayed on the network of widgets for every page view for your referal. Make sense?
Watch their introductory video here. They explain it much better with video.