I’m pretty stoked, the community cloud plugin I created for wordpress has been downloaded nearly at 200 time already! It’s doing pretty well so I thought I’d give it bit of an update and make it a little better. Here is what’s new in Community Cloud version 1.2
- I’ve added sidebar widget, so now you can add the community cloud to your sidebar using the wordpress widget system rather than copying <?php echo cc_community_cloud(“<!–community cloud–>); ?> into the sidebar.php file.
- You can also limit the number of commenters show up in the sidebar widget, in case you have a large community. So, perhaps you want to show the first 10, 25, 50, 100 or all commenters in the community cloud.
- I’ve also added option of giving us some link love for creating the plugin. 🙂 Not to worry though, you can disable the link back to us in the plugin options.
- Before the community cloud only showed those commenters that have commented more than once. Now I’ve added the option to set your own comment threshold. So you can show first-time commenter in the cloud, or if you want only people who have commented over a certain number of times to appear in the community cloud if you have a very active blog.
- And last, but not least, I’ve added an option for you to order your community cloud by most recent commenter to earliest, top commenter to lowest, and random (default)
Thanks all. Go and download it here.