MXit has released v5.6.1, Nothing much has changed, just a few bug fixes, and Performance Improvements.
Download on your mobile at www.mxit.com/wap
Quote from the MXit Forum:
MXit version 5.6.1 bug fix release has been made available. It can be downloaded from http://www.mxit.com/wap
- There is now better error handling for the Sony Ericsson K800 if the phone does not support voice recording.
- The Nokia N73 painting bug has been fixed in the voice recorder.
- We have disabled the camera support for the Samsung G800.
- We have fixed the bug where the 2 button mode becomes a 3 button mode when exiting the camera screen.
- You know the hissing sound after playing an alert, well this has been fixed for the Nokia N73.
- Fixed the invalid tab after deleting a contact.
- We have removed the “Close tab” command from the Alert profiles menu.
- We have fixed the bug where sometimes when the first key is pressed it is interpreted as a key press for a numerical value. (eg. The user pressed the button “a” but gets a number “2” instead).
- We have fixed the bug where the repaint of the chat screen with embedded events removed the inline edit.
- We have fixed the bug where duplicate MultiMX names broke the Tab control.
- The incorrect message error after a successful forwarded file has been fixed.
- The Client now attempts to reconnect after being disconnected.
- We have fixed the bug where the info contact could be moved into a group. The Info cannot be moved into a group any longer.
- We have fixed the bug where the hidden offline contacts are not removed from the roster when you clear the chat screen with “Clear msgs” command.
- Multi line informational message is now correctly painted when you scroll.
- We have fixed the bug where groups with the same name “GROUP1” and “group1” caused the contact to be moved into the incorrect group.
- You can’t edit an invite of a contact any longer.
- When adding a contact with an empty phone number will now show the correct error message.
- We have fixed the bug where the memory card was inaccessible on the Nokia 6234.
- The Tab control bug where new message flag was not always reset, incorrectly showing a yellow tab.
- The Memory issue with the Samsung G600 has now been fixed.
- Inline Edit: The use of the dedicated “Cancel” key if the phone has one.
- Inline Edit: We have improved the positioning of the input mode frame.
- Inline Edit: The back command turns to Delete as soon as a user types something (Only useful for phones with no Cancel key).
- Inline Edit: We corrected the order of the “?” and “!” characters for the Sony Ericsson phones (Nokia has a different pattern).
- Better file access support has been added.
- Better recognition of audio file types has been added.
- We improved the ability to distinguish between different vibes for certain Samsung phones (E250, G600, F250).
- We removed the font size selection for phones that only supports 1 font type (eg. Motorola V360).
- Some improvements have been made to the Alerts. Some alerts now takes you to previous screen after the confirmation from a user.
- The alerts correctly honours markup text.
- If a new contact is moved to into a group, then the contact’s profile is set to the same profile as the group.
- The three button mode is now the default mode.
- Better support has been added when changing skins. Previously new selection bars, headers and icons were not positioned correctly.
- Some small memory improvements has been made.
- We have added better skin support for Motorola phones with low memory has been made.
- Some menus are canceled with a “Cancel” key rather than “Back” key.
- If the phone only has HTTP jad entries listed, then the “Connections” screen does not show socket setting options.
- We have added support for 42×29 icon sizes.
Visit The MXit forum for any problems you may be experiencing with your MXit.