One of the TED Fellow Alumni, Nii Simmonds, informed me about BarCamp Ghana happening in Accra on the 22nd of December 2008.
This event will bring people interested in Ghana, on a variety of levels and topics, together in one place for a day of exploration, connection and enjoyment.
- Opportunities in open source.
- Mobile payments; why is Africa leading the world
- African outsourcing; opportunities and risks
- African communications infrastructure; growth, trend, opportunities
- African Women and technology
- African ingenuity; building, making and selling African products
- Science and technology education in Ghana
- ICT Solutions for Affordable health care in Ghana
- Ghana 3.0; how technology is enabling the informal market
- Renewable resources; green technology, biofuels and solar energy
- Social Media: Where are the Ghanaian or West African bloggers?
If you are a reader of Web AddiCT(s); in Ghana and have an interest in any of the above topics go the the BarCamp Ghana website and sign up. It should be a life changing experience. After
Question: What do these things all have in common? Everybody know…