What is next? In the spirit of 2008’s 140 character craze the following 9 predictions for South Africa online in 2009 have all been written in 140 characters. Feel free to add your thoughts on what you expect in 2009 in 140 characters or less by commenting or writing a blog post of your own.
- Large number of local Magazines & Newspapers will decrease their online budgets & fall even further. The exact opposite will also be true…
- MXit shall offer peer-to-peer micro-payments (Transfer Moola between contacts), become more ‘social’ & adopt QQ monetization techniques.
- The local online marketing agencies will have their feathers ruffled, with the rise of a new player, disrupting their comfortable positions.
- An internationally funded South African Web Start-up will change the way non-profits and NGO’s communicate and generate revenues globally.
- Mail & Guardian Tech- Sport- Thought Leader mu-blogs will continue the downward spiral until bloggers get paid or the management improves.
- Economic crisis, to continue, for@least 2 more years creating the perfect environment for innovation unlike anything seen around the wwworld
- Living Labs will change the lives of many previously disadvantaged people on the Cape Flats and then be replicated throughout South Africa.
- Friendfeed will be in 2009 what twitter was in 2008. Follow Your Web AddiCT on Friendfeed here or, the mico-blogging platform, twitter here.
- At no9, from South Africa, will come an idea. Like number 7, it’ll be worth spreading. The self-proclaimed experts won’t get it. You will 🙂
What are your 9 predictions for 2009, each in 140 characters or less? Tweet, tweet, sweet.