This has been a long time coming.
Check out the community cloud download page.
What new in version 2.0?
- More Social – This version now includes optional “social” hCards. The plugin will check the website/blog URL of each of the commenters in your cloud and if they have an hCard it will include it on the commenters link.
- More Efficient – The plugin is a lot more efficient than the last version. The cloud is no longer generate and displayed in real time. The cloud is prebuilt on activation and continually maintained as people comment on your blog.
- More Accurate – Instead of filtering out commenters by name (different people might comment with the same name), comments are now filtered out using commenter’s email address, which is a lot more accurate. There is also an option to exclude, certain link URLs from your cloud.
What’s planned for the future of the community cloud plugin?
- Popup wth the 3 latest comments from commenter when clicking on their tag
- Better hCard detection and retrieval (looking into using representative hCards)
- Allow multiple hCards per URL for cases where there are multiple authors per blog
- add an option to include a social hcard template in comment thank you message with install instructions, so commenters know how to take advantage of your community cloud’s social features.
Any ideas and feedback welcome. Thanks.
Thanks to Michael Champanis for his contributions and sparking the next release.