Do you have a shiny new Mac with built in infrared and an Apple Remote? Front Row is not the only thing you can do with your Apple Remote.
Introducing iRed Lite:
- Remote control any application by remote keystrokes
- Call AppleScripts for finer control
- Use your Apple Remote for iTunes, then for iPhoto, then …
- Use multiple Apple Remotes, one for Keynote, another one for VLC, …
- Teach your programmable RC to simulate multiple Apple Remotes
Give iRed Lite a go, it’s free to download and use but be warned those snow leopard early adopters. iRedLite will not work for you due to Apple changing the underlying technology and blocking 3rd party applications from sing the Apple Remote. Sucky.
So if you haven’t installed Snow leopard yet give iRed Lite a whirl to control Powerpoint with your Apple Remote. It can also support iTunes, your Mouse, Preview, Quicktime and a few other applications.
Download iRed Lite here.