Necessity is the mother of invention. Many times, people living and working under the most difficult and challenging conditions, with minimal tools and capacity, have come up with creative and even innovative solutions to the enormous challenges they face. Organizations and researchers around the world have been equally creative working with communities living in situations of fragility and conflict to find solutions to ensure delivery of basic services, improve governance and create jobs.
Continue reading for more information on how you can get your big idea in front of the right people.
Innovation Fair Cape Town (April 12-15 )is coming with the following 4 themes:
- Using technology to facilitate delivery of basic social services
- Improving governance and accountability through communication technologies
- Reducing incentives for crime and preventing violence among youth
- Addressing violence through multi-countries approaches
Visit the Innovation Fair Cape Town website for more info. Do you have a big idea?
INNOVATION FAIR: Moving Beyond Conflict
Cape Town, South Africa, April 12-15, 2010
The World Bank Innovation fair for Cape Town, South Africa on April 12-15th is focused on identifying high-impact grassroots innovations that indicate effective means of building the relationship between citizens and their state in fragile and conflict-affected states.
The call for proposals is open to:
- development projects that have been field-tested;
- applied research on conflict and fragility issues, especially research that involves evaluating pilot programs and their scale-up potential.
30 Winners will be invited to present their ideas in Cape Town, SA during the Conflict and Fragility Week to share and connect with leading researchers, practitioners and donors in this field!
Apply here: http://innovationfair.spigit.com/
Thanks Kaushal Jhalla for the heads up. Time to start writing after hour again.