If you’re a blogger in South Africa, anywhere in Africa, or anywhere in the wwworld you should definitely consider offering your users a mobile version of your blog. Yes your theme looks mighty awesome but on the small screen it may be really difficult to read your words of wisdom.
I just had a look at the top browsers who visited this blog over the past month and a whopping 44.71% of readers use… Opera Mini as their browser of choice. A picture paints a 1000 words so have a look…
The quickest way to ensure you have a mobile ready WordPress blog is to install the Carrington Mobile theme that will automagically render a mobile friendly version of your blog to any visitors who access your site via mobile. Carrington Mobile is an elegant mobile theme with that supports advanced touch browsers (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Pre) and is also backward compatible with older mobile devices.
But wait, the world has gone app crazy and I’m sure you would like to turn your blog into an app. There are now iPhone Apps, Android Apps, BlacBerry Apps and Nokia Apps. Nokia have recently released an App Wizard that will allow anyone to turn their blog into an App that can almost immediately be available to millions of Nokia users via the Ovi Store.
How To Turn Your Blog into a Nokia App
- Register at Ovi App Wizard
- Once you’ve registered click Build new Application
- Enter your blogs RSS feed
- GIve your new blog app a name and description
- Upload some graphics that’ll be displayed in the Ovi store along with your blog app.
- Now you’ll be able to submit your blog app for review by Nokia (usually takes 24 hours)
- You’ll be notified when you blog app has been accepted and is live in the Nokia Ovi Store.
You will now have your WordPress blog available as an App to download from the Nokia store and you don’t need any programming knowledge to do it. Now you know how to convert your blog into a Nokia Ovi App. What are you waiting for? You can check out this blog as Nokia Ovi App here.