Did that headline catch your attention? It could have called used ‘monitor your child’s safety with Mobiflock’ but you probably wouldn’t have been reading this. Mobiflock allows parents to play Big Brother (not the reality show) or should we call Mobiflock Big Mother? If the safety of your child is at stake and you live in fear of what they get up to on their mobile phones and who they contact this will be the tool for you.
The Mobiflock service allows parents to:
- Receive alerts about inappropriate content; cyber-bullying; sexting; predatory activity; spending too much time or money online.
- Find out who their children are contacting and who is contacting them. And what they are saying to each other.
- Control who their child contacts, who contacts them, time and money spent, information sent and received, and applications used.
- Locate where the child or a missing or stolen phone is.
- Set VIP contacts that their child can always contact in an emergency.
- Parents can also safeguard their own phone, especially if their child has access to it.
Mobiflock has been carefully designed to be as easy to use as possible, even for the most non-tech savvy people. The product consists of a small client that is downloaded onto the child’s handset, with monitoring, filtering and alerting happening server-side. Parents access security settings and reports via an easy to use online dashboard. Mobiflock encourages parents to discuss the use of the service with their children, and a small icon appears on the handset when Mobiflock is active so the child knows they are protected.
The app is in beta for Symbian and Android so free to download from either app store, or from the site. Need more Mobiflock info? Click the mobile phone child protection and monitoring service. Here’s to the safety of your kids when using their mobile phones.