The world has flocked to whatsapp in droves with just over a 0.75 billion users signed up. We’re Whatsapping from every smart mobile device known to man be it Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Blackberry and even Nokia S60. Here’s the skinny on running whats app on your pc:
- You need the latest version of Whatsapp running on your phone
- You need to be using the Google Chrome web browser
- Browse to web.whatsapp.com
- Scan the QR code with the latest version of Whatsapp on your phone.
How to run Whatsapp Web on different phones:
- Android: Open Whatsapp > Menu > Whastapp Web
- Windows Phone: Open Whatsapp > Menu > Whastapp Web
- Blackberry: Open Whastapp > Chats > Menu Key > Whatsapp Web
- Blackberry 10: Open Whatsapp > Swipe down from top of screen > Select Whastapp Web
- Nokia S60: Open Whatsapp > Menu > Whastapp Web
- iOS: Coming Soon
I think it’s interesting to note that Whatsapp built it’s own QR code reader into the latest version of Whatsapp. QR codes haven’t caught on as some though it would and I’m pretty sure herein lies the opportunity to add new features to whatsapp that utilises this code reading ability beyond simply using it as for the whatsapp pc client. A prime example would be to create contact info codes within the mobile client which would allow you to share contact info without having to type in you name, phone number, email address etc.